Billions of people surf's the internet everyday for personal or official use. There are thousands of activities internet surfers can involve themselves with. For example, Digital Marketing, Social Media Activities, Emailing, Using Search Engines, Online Shopping, Digital Investment, E-commerce, Blogging, Gaming, E-books, e.t.c.
By analysing this list of online activities above, you will find out that not everybody surf's the internet for the same purpose and activities.
As an Online Marketer, you need to expose your business products and services to internet surfers (which are your audiences) and attract them to view your business website, get interested and become your business clients and costumers.
But you can't get all the audiences attention because your services and products may not be what all the surfers need as they use the internet and you may spend too much on promoting your business website, products and services to a bunch of audiences who are not interested or looking for the kind of product and services you are offering, then get a low conversion rate.
The right step to take is to find the right audiences that are the perfect match to expose your business website, products and services (people who are costumer potentials or searching for the kind of services and products you are offering. ) This gives you a high conversion rate (getting customers, buyers or business clients) but also helps you save money to put back into your business Ad campaign.
Here are several ways you can use to get the right audience for your business website, products and services.
I. Making use of Digital Analytics tools for businesses.
II. Using Ad platforms for your campaign.
III. Selecting the right keywords when indexing your business website in search engines.
I. Making use of Digital Analytics tools for businesses website .
What are "Digital Analytics tools"? These are softwares designed for the collection, analysing, visualisation, interpretation, prediction, of digital data information about the visitors behaviour towards your business website. It also helps give statistics and information on how your business products and services are performing in the market and help you execute the right business strategies and decisions.
How can Digital Analytics tools helps you get the right audiences for your business website, products and services?
Here is how it works. Digital Analytics tools gathers vital data updates on all your visitors to your business website and display it in table and graph illustration. It gives data updates on.
* Geography of your visitors - It show you which countries, states, or towns has the highest and lowest visits to your business website.
* Traffic source - ( Links that drive visitors to views your business website. ) It show you which of your ad campaigns or search engines or other websites links that drives more traffics to your business website.
* Visitors Affinity - It Categorize your visitors to groups, on there choices of interests and gives you there data of the highest and lowest visitors with a particular interest. E.g. 80% of your visitors are interested in sports, 10% in movies, and 10% in politics, e.t.c.
* Visitors demography - It show you which categories of age groups and genders groups that visits your business website. E.g. 18 to 26 - 85%, 26 to 40 - 10%, 50 to 80 - 5%.
By analysing the above lists, you can easily identify the perfect audiences for you products and services, where they locates and the traffics sources that drives them to your website. So you can refine your campaign strategy and focus more on the traffic sources that brings the potential costumers.
Type of Digital Analytics.
* Google Analytics
* Adobe Analytics
* Heap Analytics
* Google search console.
II. Using Ad platforms for your advertising campaigns.
What are "Digital Ad Platforms"? These are digital advertising technology design to fetch visitors to your website either by a website service or a software. Websites that give Digital Ad Services have a multi advertising partnerships with a combination of all kinds of digital ads, e.g. Digital Display, Social Media Ads And Email Marketing in one piece. When you use there service, your website will go places and have a daily high exposition all over the internet and drives high traffics to your website.
How can online Ad platforms help you get a targeted audiences?
Ad Platforms are ready made services everything is set for you. All you need to do is to signup and setup your ad campaign. You can easily reach your targeted audiences by setting up your ad campaign. In setting up your ad campaign you need to choose the following.
Location - The places where you want your ad campaigns to be seen.
Category - The kind of audiences you want for your ad campaign.
Description - Write a short note about your website products and services.
After setting up your Ad campaign, your website will be viewed by your targeted audiences.
III. Using the right keywords to index your business website in search engines.
What are "keywords"? These are selection of words and phrases input into a search engine when searching for information. Before indexing your business website in a search engine, you need to select some words and phrases (which is your website keywords) that better explain your business website contents. So when someone search for a similar words or phrases to your website keywords the person will get a search results including your website.
How can keywords help you get the right audiences?
You can get the right audiences from a search engine by selecting the right keywords that very much describe your business website when indexing it to a search engine.
Here are some tips on how to select the right keywords for your business website.
* Imagine you are the costumer who is willing to buy your own products and figure out the words you will enter when looking for that kind of services and products you offer. You can easily get a picture of what your costumers may enter when searching for something similar to your business products and services, use does words as your keywords to your business website.
* Using keywords research tools. These are tools that helps you combine the right keywords for your business website. It gives you hundreds of relevant long tail keywords that fits your business website.
* Knowing when to use a long tail or a short tail keywords.
Long tail keywords are keywords that has more than three words ( like sentences rather than words)
This type of keywords generate "low traffics with a high conversion rate" .
Why? Because it has many combination of words so when someone who searches for a particular content entered multiple of words in a search engine, is likely to get more specific search engine results to what the person is searching for. So if you use a long tail keywords for your business website, it will come up as a search result to searcher who's search sentences almost match your long tail keywords and misses the searchers who search sentences did not match with your long tail keywords. So you are likely to get targeted visitors from search engines when you use a long tail keywords but less audience.
Long tail keywords gives you targeted visitors but less traffics, your website will less likely to appear in a search engine result to people who did not specifically match your long tail keywords (multiple words) when they enter a keyword (with less words).
Short tail keywords, these are keywords with only one word. This type of keywords generates more traffics but low conversion rate. Because if someone entered a keyword in a search engine is more likely to match the words you use as your keywords so your business website comes up to many searchers.
Using a short tail keyword will bring you more visitors but less targeted audience (people who may not be interested of your business and services) to your business website. Which is more traffics but less conversion rate.
* Study your business competitors. Creating keywords for your business website can be really challenging because you may use words that is already been use by your business competitors or, your competitor has combination of keywords that are powerfully than yours. So you need to do a thorough research to find out the keywords that will keep your business website stand out in a search engine.
Conclusion. I hope you learned alot about how to put your online business to a successful lane by making sure you get the right audiences online that suits your business website, products and services. The more you learn the more you grow.